Yesterday morning's series of events:
-on the way into work, get a call on my cellphone from the boss, asking if I have a key to his office; he's locked himself out
-no I don't
-arrive and realize I forgot my keys at home, and the only spare is in the boss's office (which he's locked out of)
-he realizes that the HR manager may have a spare key to his office, which would allow him into his office, and therefore, me into mine, but HR manager hasn't arrived yet & no one knows where she is.
-boss asked me if I have key to HR manager's office. I do...it's on my key ring, back at home with my office keys.
-I realize I may actually have a copy of a key to boss's office, but it's in my desk, in my office, which I'm locked out of.
-maintenance guy arrives on the scene, states that Operations VP may have a key to HR office.
-I approach Operation VP, who says he doesn't have a key to the HR office, but gave one to the maintenance guy when the new lock was installed.
-maintenance guys says, "yeah, I think you're right" and searches his key ring, trying every available key. None fit.
-I decide to take advantage of the downtime, go to the corner gas station, buy some caffeine, and arrive back shortly.
-HR manager finally arrives, searches for keys to boss's office. Doesn't have one.
-Maintenance guy get's biggest wrench I've ever seen, beats the crap out of boss's door handle, snaps it off, and we all get to work.
-jeff
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
that is hilarious jeff. sounds like a script for one of those office shows on tv!
Sounds like your Monday was a true Monday. The truth is stranger than fiction!
I love it! :~)) All you can do is laugh. (and of course,get some joe)
Sounds like maintenance should have those big "keys" on all of their keyrings! I rememember laughing at "Garfield" comics. He loathed Mondays.
Post a Comment