Tuesday, April 18, 2006

24? - I Need More!

I have list of to-do's, a couple of them, and they've grown so lengthy that they are nearly unattainable! I'm just trying not to add to them until I can shrink them a bit first, both at work, and at home. I told myself I was going to slow things down, and I did a bit, but it's gotten a little crazy again. Oh well, God's grace is sufficient. I am becoming more and more protective of my time. This year I'm trying to be "more selective and more effective".

I've thrown around some ideas of starting out on a business endeavor, but I'm having a hard time making the transition with my other committments. I need to do some more praying and then take some more action to get focussed. I put up a marker board in my bedroom a while back (I know this sounds strange) to help with this process. I need to regroup.....again.

I could ramble on about this forever, and I probably will later, but as for the events of the past couple of days...nothing real interesting.

While getting my bicycle ready for this year, I remembered, and re-realized, that my bicycle computer is dead. I guess I should look on the bright side; I wanted a couple of features my old one didn't have anyway. Problem is, I don't mind spending money for NEW stuff that I don't have, but I hate spending money on repairs and replacement; at the end of the day, you are right where you started (esentially) only with less money!!!

Last night I decided to go with the super-short "Moby" haircut. It's 1/8" from using the Bic razor. It takes a few times in the mirror to get used to it; this is the second time I've done it. The front border is on the way back anyway and it appears that the back isn't as strong as it used to be, so I'm planning on keeping it short inevitabley anyways. I won't complain...my dad and younger brother have both been using the same bottle of shampoo for the past 10 years, so I got the delayed reaction. I won't complain. This is the best time of year to go buzz anyway. Problem is, the now visible top of my scalp didn't get the sunburn the rest of my head got while flying kites last weekend. I'm sort of a beacon. I need to get the top baked somehow, and quick!

This morning my daughter woke up with a rash which clearly warranted a trip to the doctor's office. It appears it's an alergic reaction of some kind. We do need to keep an eye on it as it could be the onset of an auto-immune issue which can follow infections like her recent throat infection. This would be a bit more serious, but the symptoms do not appear it's this, thank God. We will keep an eye on it - please say a prayer for Araceli if you would. Thankfully, she seems to be feeling fine and is now at school after taking a Claritan.

6 comments:

Colleen said...

I can relate Jeff to the long list of to-do's. I find I add, then thin out, then thin out again. I still need work on learning to say "no" especially to myself! I'm healing from a rash myself & I did pray for Araceli - I hope it's all cleared up soon. Computer on a bike? Is that an exercise bike?

Christopher said...

I like how you chart out your progress on your goals. Gives me something to look into.
I'm glad your not one of those people who grow their hair really long when they start to get thin on top. It looks like their scalp just kept sliding back! By the way, your Dad or brother doesn't have long hair-do they? :) Ha, ha, I know sometimes losing the fro can frustrating to joke around about. It seems that my hairline keeps receeding on the corners of my forehead, but I think that the lady at the hair salon has a tool that moves my hairline back just a little bit at a time. When I catch her doing it, I'll get her!
Anyways, I'm glad to see that Araceli is doing better.

Stephenie said...

your bicycle has a computer?

Jeff said...

Yeah Chris, those corners are what's getting me too! I've known people that did the comb-over..big time. Then they get out of the pool, and they only have one side just hangin' down to their waist line until they throw it back over! I like my hair being short, so I figured I'd just take it to the next level.

A "Bicycle Computer" is just a fancy way to say "fancy digital spedometer" in bicycling linguistics. :) They are the size of a digital watch, attach to your bicycles handlebars, and besides telling current time, speed and mileage can tell you average speed, top speed, time riding, and cadence. The real high end units can even provide calorie info and have a hart monitor attachment! The one I had was very basic, but did not tell me average speed or riding time.

Jeff said...

And thank you all for the kind prayers & thoughts for Araceli!

anna said...

I'm glad you finally got to post something new but sad that it was about Araceli being irritated by a rash and you not getting your goals done. Hopefully, prayerfully, your daughter is better and this week sees several goals behind you. It can be such a load off when you start chopping away at projects and can finally see the light.