

There seems to be something in the air lately. It seems that those of us with artistic dispositions seem to be beckoned by our cameras lately. I'm sure we've all been inspired for different reasons, either coming into photography for the first time, or stirring up a renewed passion...it really doesn't matter.
For me personally, it's been my aquisition of a new camera. I was fairly seriously into photography a few years back, but in some hustle & bustle, my hobby got put on the back burner and temporarily replaced by other interests.
Back to my new camera; I just went through a huge debacle with a lemon camera. I was going to post about it, in various posts & chapters, but decided to throw in the towel after approaching 3 (Microsoft Word) pages and only being about 1/2 finished! To make an extremely long, complicated, and very frustrating story short; my Kodak and I have parted ways and I now have a new Pentax digital camera. Don't get me wrong, the Kodaks are very good cameras; I just happened to have a lemon and could not personally get the issue resolved to my satisfaction.
I've had an ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL Pentax 35mm SLR film camera for about 7 years, which has wonderfully taken literally hundreds of rolls of film for us. We still use it! That being said, God knows what he's doing through the frustration, because I'm extremely pleased to be the owner of a second Pentax camera!!
The one thing I've learned for certain however: photography has much less to do with equipment and much more to do with an artistic eye. Of course, photo editing software only adds to the artistic possiblilites.
I really enjoy night photography. I love lights and nightscapes. I also love heading out late, with camera & tripod, with my family sound asleep (cellphone attached to camera bag in case they need me ;) and just taking my time taking photos.
I may even go out tonight...this weekend for sure!
I have renewed passion and renewed vigor and I see others do too! :) Maybe we should embark on a small, local, blogger's photographic excursion!
Anyway....let's all shoot 'till our shutter fingers are ready to fall off!
Ready....Aim.....Fire!!!

2 comments:
i would like to go on that excursion. my parents just bought a digital and are wanting me to try it out. i know anna has a newer camera she would probably like to try too.
i really need to work more with my epson photo stuff. sometimes it's intimidating and frustrating though.
i also love the new profile pic. it goes w/ your blog name very well. thumbs up!
I too would like to go on that excursion & discover more of how to use the various settings on my camera. I liked that night shot of the building - where was that? I had to double check that hydrangia for dewdrops. I didn't see any on there but it looked so fresh I expected to see dewdrops! Congrats on the new camera:)
Post a Comment