Saturday, July 22, 2006

Career Chaos

Wowzles, it’s been a long time since I posted a post! I would like to apologize to all my self-proclaimed fans. Things have gotten absolutely, insanely busy at work. Among a few significant ones on the backburner, I have 3 monumental tasks at work which have all hit at once. They were strategically spaced out, but because of some technical delays, now they are all smashed together in a delightful, drive-me-to-almost-drinking kind of array.

We (the company I work for) bought a second manufacturing plant a couple of years ago, conveniently located just 5 buildings north of the first plant. I’ve been working on our new phone system and getting the two sites connected via phones and our data network. Thankfully, I’ve partnered with two of the best vendors / consultants around to help with the super-technical stuff, but even so, there are always some headaches along the way with these types of projects. Thank God, the last couple of days they have really made some huge strides forward. After some “plan A’s” had technical snafu’s (beyond my control) and things got seriously delayed, I was starting not to sleep so well at night. That starts to happen, you know, after long periods of continued broken promises and missed deadlines directly from you to the president of your company. Albeit, he still managed to give me the best office in the North/Main building!

I’ve also been working with the IT Consultants on getting 3 new servers purchased, work station upgrades, and develop an installation plan, moving things to the North Plant as well.

Then when all this is done….and if I’m still alive and not delivering pizza or locked up somewhere…we upgrade our software. Right now I’m doing mostly planning and project management, but this is when I get to do the most enjoyable part of my current job: software and business systgem implementation and training! Hooray!

Here’s some photos of my new office:



3 comments:

Stephenie said...

wow jeff. that is pretty cool. i guess it is the one perk in all the craziness. i must confess, i think you are a total brain and i admire your technological skills immensly. you are high on my list of people to applaud in pea-brained wonder! ;)

Colleen said...

I'm impressed Jeff - and glad you're getting over the hump of bumpy delays. I didn't really know what you did for a living - sounds quite technical and it must be interesting. I like your new office - complete with a window view!

Christopher said...

Were all proud of you and I too am wonderfully suprised and impressed at all of your technical abilities. I pray for wisdom from above and favor from those here on Earth.